Fri, Dec 28, 2018 - 4:03 PM
For consumers to be able to make informed choices about their sugar intake from processed foods and drinks, labels need to clearly and separately identify sugars which are naturally-occurring and those which are added, according to the Australian Dental Association (ADA).
The ADA recommends these five top tips to stop childhood teeth decay in its tracks:
* Avoid snack foods that are sticky, gummy, chewy or sweet.
* Avoid grazing! Have set meals times and form a routine.
* Limit fruit to two servings per day. Fruit is good but too much can be harmful.
* Give your kids water with every meal to help wash away lingering food.
* Be selective with snacks. Vegies, cheeses and lean meats are great and tasty options.